Rules and Regulations
PARMANANDDAS JIVANDAS HINDU GYMKHANA
OBJECTS(a) The Objects of the Gymkhana shall be to encourage and promote Sports of any form of games and Athletics, particularly Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge, Carrom etc.
(b) To promote, organize, manage and control the game of Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge, Carrom, etc., or other activities of sports in any State in India or outside I
(c) To popularize the game of Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Bridge, Chess, Carrom, etc., or any other activities of Sports throughout this area by organizing and/or conducting and/or controlling tournaments and to improve the general standard of games.
(d) To select teams to represent the Gymkhana in any tournament of local fixtures or otherwise and to incur and pay the expenses thereof.
(e) To start or sponsor and/or to subscribe to the Funds or to stage a match (i) For the benefit of Players of Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge, Carrom, etc., and / or such other sportsmen who has rendered services to the game of Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge, Carrom, etc., or any other Sports (ii) For aid to a sporting cause in institution.
(f) To engage coaches in the various Department of game and to conduct coaching scheme and/or Practice Nets, Tennis Courts, etc.
(g) To establish, promote or assist in establishing and promoting and to subscribe and become a member of any other Association or Club or Institution whether incorporated or not whose objects are similar either fully or in part to the objects of the Gymkhana.
(h) To acquire properties and assets of any kind or description whether movable or immovable by purchase, issue, gift, exchange, lease, sale or otherwise however to carry out the aforesaid objects and objects incidental thereto.
(i) To do all such other activities as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects.
RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE PARMANANDDAS JIVANDAS HINDU GYMKHANA1. THE PARMANANDDAS JIVANDAS HINDU GYMKHANA shall be open to members of all communities.
-: IT SHALL CONSIST OF :-
|2||Life Members||7||Concessional Members|
|3||Ordinary Members||8||Service Members|
|4||Casual Members||9||Institutional Members|
2. PATRONS : Persons who pay an amount equivalent to thrice the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee may be eligible for enrolment as Patrons.
3. LIFE MEMBERS (i) : Persons paying an amount equivalent to one and half times of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/- shall be eligible for enrolment as Life Members.
(ii) Any Ordinary Member enlisted after 14th April 1960 and before 18th July 1964, and who has been a member of the Gymkhana for more than 10 years continuously shall be eligible for enrolment as a Life Member on payment of Rs.500/- only.
(iia) Any Ordinary Member enlisted prior to 14th April, 1960 and who has been a member of the Gymkhana for more than 10 years continuously shall be eligible for enrolment as a Life Member on payment of Rs.300/- only.
(iii) Any Ordinary Member enlisted after 14th April 1960, and before 18th July 1964, and has been a member of the Gymkhana for more than 25 years continuously shall be eligible for enrolment as Life Member on payment of Rs.200/- only.
(iiia) Any Ordinary Member enlisted prior to 14th April 1960, and who has been a member of the Gymkhana for more than 25 years continuously shall be eligible for enrolment as a Life Member on payment of Rs.100/- only.
(iiib) CONVERSION FROM ORDINARY TO LIFE MEMBERSHIP: Ordinary Members who have completed twenty (20) or more years without any default are permitted to apply and transfer to Life Membership at five percent (5%) of the prevailing rate of Life Membership fees at the time of conversion.
(iv) Patrons and Life Members enlisted under Sub-Clause (i) (ii) (iia) (iii) and (iiia) above, shall have all the privileges and rights of the members and need not pay any membership subscription or game fees.
(v) Life Members, other than those enlisted under sub-clause (iv) above, after 31st December 1965, shall have the privileges and rights of the members and need not pay any membership subscription. They shall, however, be liable to pay the prescribed game fees in respect of the games they play.
N.B: Member shall be considered as a continuous member for a period of 10 or 25 years provided he has paid the Ordinary Membership fees for 10 or 25 years as the case may be.
4. ORDINARY MEMBERS : Persons paying an Entrance Fee of Rs.8,00,000/- and a Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- and a Subscription of Rs. 4,800/- per year in advance or such revised subscription, increase not exceeding 20% per annum, as the Committee may from time to time determine shall be eligible for enrolment as ordinary members of the Gymkhana. Provided however, that such fees in respect of members enlisted prior to 26th September 2013 will be Rs.3,600/- per year in advance and in respect of members enlisted prior to 29th September 2009 will be Rs.1,800/- per year in advance and in respect of member enlisted prior to 1st April 1994 will be Rs.1,200/- per year in advance and in respect of member enlisted prior to 31st March 1994 will be Rs.900/- per year in advance and in respect of members enlisted prior to 30th June 1990 will be Rs.600/- per year in advance and in respect of members enlisted prior to 30th April 1983 shall be Rs.300/- per year in advance and in respect of members enrolled prior to 30th April 1982 shall be Rs.180/- per year in advance, and in respect of members enlisted prior to 15th May 1975 shall be Rs.120/- per year in advance, and in respect of members enlisted prior to 26th April 1972 shall be Rs.55/- per year in advance, and in respect of members enlisted prior to 14th April 1947, shall Rs.22/- per year in advance.
4-A CHILDREN : Children i.e. Sons and Daughters (up to 18 years of age) of members under Rule No.1, of at least 7 years continuous standing, excepting members under Rule 1 (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) will be eligible to be enrolled as Ordinary members of the Gymkhana, by paying an Entrance Fee of an amount equivalent to one Tenth of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/- and a Subscription of such a sum the Committee may time to time determine.
Children i.e. Sons and Daughters (over18 years of age) of members under Rule No.1, of atleast 7 years continuous standing, excepting members under Rule 1 (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) will be eligible to be enrolled as Ordinary members of the Gymkhana, by paying an Entrance Fee of an amount equivalent to three fifth of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of (Rs.10,000/-) and a Subscription of such a sum the Committee may time to time determine
In case the application for such membership is been made before attainment of 15 years age and the membership is offer by the Gymkhana after crossing the eligibility age of 18 years, such children of members will be eligible for ordinary membership on payment of Entrance Fee amount equivalent to two fifths of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/-.
In case the application for such membership made after attainment of 18 years age, such children of members will be eligible for ordinary membership on payment of Entrance Fee amount equivalent to three fifths of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/-.
4-B : SPORTSMEN : Up and Coming Sportsmen below the age of 20 years paying an Entrance Fee of an amount equivalent to one twentieth of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/- subscription of such a sum as the Committee may from time to time determine shall be eligible for enrolment as ordinary members of the Gymkhana. Such members shall be eligible to utilize the facilities of the department for which the membership priority has been accorded. Provided further that such a person may on payment of the prevailing entrance fee, deposit and subscription under Rule No.4 be eligible for enrolment as ordinary member of the Gymkhana and utilize the other facilities available to the ordinary members enrolled under Rule No.4 above, and provided further that any payment made by such a member towards entrance fee and deposit at the time of his / her first admission shall be adjusted against the subsequent entrance fee and deposit payable by him. Provided however, that such ordinary members shall be active sportsmen playing sports in the State or Country and he should be duly recommended by the respective Sub-Committees of the Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table Tennis, Gymnastics & Field Training, Chess, Bridge and Carrom Departments and that such member shall be entitled to the use of premises and to play such free indoor games as the Committee of Management may from time to time determine.
4-C : PRIORITY MEMBERSHIP: Those persons who are recommended for priority membership as per Bye Laws framed by the Committee of Management shall be eligible for enrolment as Ordinary Members on payment of Entrance Fee of an amount equivalent to one fifth of the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Deposit of Rs.10,000/- and such subscription as may from time leviable. Such persons shall be eligible to utilize the facilities of the department for which the priority membership has been accorded. Provided further that such a person may on payment of the prevailing entrance fee, deposit and subscription under Rule No.4 be eligible for enrolment as ordinary members of the Gymkhana, utilize facilities available to the ordinary members enrolled under Rule No.4 and provided further that any first admission shall be adjusted against the subsequent entrance fee and deposit payable by him.
4-D : Persons who have been enlisted as members of the Gymkhana by the Managing Committee under Rule No.4-B, and 4-C as above shall cease to be Members of the Gymkhana if such persons commit any act of ommission or commission which in the opinion of the Managing Committee is against the interest of the Gymkhana. The decision of the Managing Committee in this regard shall be final, conclusive and binding.
4-E : Any Member desirous of being admitted as games member in respective department of games shall be required to pay in advance, such amount by way of monthly games fees as may be decided from time to time by the Managing Committee. The members who pay such games fees shall be styled as the members of the respective games.
N.B: Subscription received in advance for the year under the above Rules shall under no circumstances be refunded.
4-F : PRIORITY MEMBERSHIP FOR SPOUSE: On the death of a member, who was either Patron, Life or Ordinary Member, the Spouse, who is recommended for priority membership by the Committee of Management, shall be eligible for enrolment as Ordinary Member on payment of entrance fee of Rs.25,000/- and a Deposit of Rs.2,000/- and such monthly subscription as may from time to time leviable. Provided however, that an application is made by Spouse at any time within 2 (two) years from the date of death of the member. Provided further, that in case the spouse making an application under this Rule is the wife of the deceased member, she shall be eligible for enrolment as ordinary member on payment of entrance fee of Rs.10,000/- and deposit of Rs.2,000/- and such monthly subscription as may from time to time be leviable. The wife of the deceased member enrolled under this Rule shall not have any voting right, nor shall she be eligible to contest elections for any post.
5. CASUAL MEMBERS : (a) ) Guests of members (residing in Mumbai or) not permanently residing in Mumbai will be eligible to be proposed for casual membership during the year for such period and at such fees as the Managing Committee may decide. Such casual members shall have no right to vote or to play games, but shall be eligible to make use of the Gymkhana premises subject to Rules and Regulations of Gymkhana
(b) Any Person not permanently residing in Mumbai shall on payment of Rs.2,000/- per month with his application be admitted as a Casual Member for a period not exceeding three months in a calendar year, and he shall be eligible to play games on payment of respective game fees. He shall be provisionally permitted at the discretion of the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries to make use of the Gymkhana from the date on which he is proposed and seconded. In case his application is rejected by the Managing Committee, the money paid by him shall be refunded. The proposer and seconder of the candidate shall be responsible for the candidate’s liabilities to the Gymkhana.
6. TEMPORARY MEMBERS : The Managing Committee shall have the powers to enroll as temporary members without payment of entrance fee or any other fee for ordinary membership, persons possessing special qualifications in games otherwise eligible for membership on the recommendation of the respective Sub-Committees. Such members shall be admitted on payment of AN AMOUNT AS SUGGESTED BY MANAGING COMMITTEE FROM TIME TO TIME for the departmental game for which they are recommended. Such members shall have no right to vote or any proprietary right over the Gymkhana. The respective Department Sub-Committee shall have the right to recommend to the Managing Committee to delete their names as temporary members at any stage during the period of one year and on the acceptance of such recommendation by the said committee they shall cease to be members.
7. HONORARY MEMBERS : The Committee of Management shall have the power to enroll persons of distinction as Honorary Members of the Gymkhana for such duration as the Managing Committee may deem fit.
8. CONCESSIONAL MEMBERS : Good players may on the recommendation of the respective Sub-Committee, be admitted free or at reduced rates for a period not exceeding 12 months or such other extended period by the Committee of Management and such members shall be entitled to play such games for which they are recommended by the respective departmental Sub-Committees.
8-A: PLAYING MEMBERS : Member’s children who are not below the age of 10 and not above the age of 21 years may be admitted as playing members in Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton and Table-Tennis Departments of the Gymkhana. They shall not be required to pay any entrance fee or game fees but shall pay a monthly subscription as decided by Managing Committee for each of the games and their parents or guardians shall be responsible in all respects.
9. SERVICE MEMBERS : Members of the State, Civil and All India Service Officers allotted to Maharashtra State shall be entitled to Service Membership. Service Membership will entitle a Service Member to enjoy the facilities of the Gymkhana, but will not entitle him to any privileges, such as voting or the management of the properties of the Gymkhana. Service Members will be charged an Entrance Fee of Rs.5,000/- and a Deposit of Rs.2,000/- and a monthly subscription prevailing for Ordinary Members at the time of admission. The Service Members shall be eligible to play games under the rules and regulations and bye-laws of the Gymkhana for the time being in force. Service Membership will be open for five years after which the Service Member will be given priority for regular membership and he shall be allowed to continue as a Service Member till such time as his application is finally decided.
9-A: INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS : A Company registered under the Companies Act 1956, or a firm registered under the Indian Partnership Act 1932, who is desirous of becoming an Institutional Member shall apply to the Jt.Hon.Gen. Secretaries of the Gymkhana in the prescribed application form and pay an Entrance Fee of an amount equivalent to two and half times the prevalent Ordinary Membership entrance fee and a Subscription of Rs.2,000/- per month, per person nominated, as the committee may, from time to time determine.
The duration of membership of an Institutional Member will be for a period of 10 years. If may, however for such further period on such terms and conditions and on payment of such entrance fee as may be prescribed by the Managing Committee from time to time.
A. An Institutional Member may nominate maximum 3 persons as their representative, in writing and subject to the approval of their nomination by the Managing Committee of the Gymkhana, the nominee representatives shall be entitled to participate in the privileges, amenities and activities of the Gymkhana.
However, such nomination by the Institutional Member shall not be more than 3 times during the entire period of such membership. The Institutional Member and its nominees will be governed by the Rules and Regulations and discipline applicable to the members of the Gymkhana.
B. Institutional Member shall have right of only one vote and any one of the 3 nominated members on authority from the Institution concerned, shall be entitled to cast his/her vote at meetings.
10. AGE OF ADMISSION : No person under the age of 7 years shall be admitted as a Patron, Life, Ordinary, Casual, Temporary or Concessional Member.
11. Application for enrolment as a Patron, Life Member, Ordinary Member, Casual Member, Temporary or Concessional Member of the Gymkhana shall be received from the Natural Guardian when the applicant is a minor. Such application shall be accompanied by an additional deposit of Rs.500/- together with necessary bond of guarantee whereby the Natural Guardian shall undertake to be liable for the fees and all the dues of the Gymkhana and also for the loss or damage that may be caused to the Gymkhana on account of minor’s fault.
12. ENLISTMENT OF MEMBERS : A person desirous of joining the Gymkhana shall apply to the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries and pay “FEES PRESCRIBED BY THE MANAGING COMMITTEE”. The name of such person shall be duly proposed and seconded in writing by any two members of the Gymkhana of five years standing entitled to vote and shall be notified on the notice board for one week after which a special ballot committee appointed for the purpose by the Managing Committee shall proceed with the election by ballot. Two black balls will entail exclusion. In case of rejection by the Balloting Committee if the rejected applicant so desires his application shall be submitted to the next General Body Meeting and if two thirds or more of the members present vote in his favour, he shall on payment of entrance fee and monthly fees be enrolled as a member. Any person, whose candidature has been withdrawn, or who on Ballot has not been elected, or has been excluded, may be again proposed as a member after the expiry of six months from the date of such withdrawal, non-election, and if he is again proposed for election, it shall be stated on the (voting paper) that he had been proposed and (Balloted) for or had been excluded on a previous occasion.
12-A: The Managing Committee shall have the power to declare any ballot to be invalid and to direct a fresh ballot, provided that this can only be done at a meeting of the Managing Committee expressly convened for the purpose at not less than 15 days notice which must be issued within three months from the date of ballot, and not less than 15 members must be present in person and not less than four fifths of these present must vote in favour of the proposal and if 15 members are not present at the meeting the matter shall stand adjourned to the next monthly meeting of the committee.
13. RESIGNATION OF MEMBERSHIP : A Member wishing to resign his membership shall make a written application to the effect to the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries and he shall be allowed to do so, if he has paid-up all the arrears due from him.
14. ABSENT MEMBER : DELETED (As per AGM held on 27.9.13)
15. SUBSCRIPTION : All Subscriptions become due and payable on the first day of the accounting year i.e. 1st April. ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE PAYABLE FOR ENTIRE YEAR TO THE GYMKHANA. 16. ARREARS OF SUBSCRIPTION : A list of members in arrears of subscription / game fees for three months or more shall be submitted to the Committee of Management every month by the Jt.Hon.Treasurers.
A Member in arrears for three months or more shall be served with a notice demanding full payment of the arrears due from him / her. In case of his/her failure to pay the full amount of subscription / game fees within 1 month after such a notice is sent to him / her, at the last known address as per Gymkhana records, he / she shall cease to be a Member of this Institution / of game department, as the case may be, unless otherwise decided by the Committee of Management.
16-A: RE-INSTATEMENT : A Member who has ceased to be a Member under Rule No.16 may be re-admitted on his paying the arrears in full and a re-instatement fee of 5,000/- provided he makes such application within a period of six months from the date on which he has been declared a defaulter. If however, he makes such application after a period of six months but before the expiry of two years from the date on which he has been declared a defaulter, he may be re-admitted on his paying the arrears in full and re-instatement fee equivalent to 50% of the entrance fee for Ordinary Member prevailing at the time of re-admission. Such an extension shall be subject to the decision of the Managing Committee.
16-B : IDENTITY CARD : Every Member including wife and husband of a lady member shall be given Identity Card which we will have the photograph of the member, his/her name, Membership number, Member’s signature and signature of the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretary. All the members are required to carry with them their Identity Card whilst they are on the Gymkhana premises, and the same should be produced when required by the Staff Member on duty.
On receipt of Intimation and application in writing by a member that he has lost or misplaced his Membership Identity Card issued to him, a duplicate Identity Card may be issued on payment of an amount determined by the committee of management in lieu of lost or misplaced Card provided that the original card issued to him, if found, will be surrendered to the Gymkhana for cancellation, and that no misuse thereof would be made.
16-C: SPECIAL ENGAGEMENTS: During engagements as may be decided by the Office Bearers they may for such hours of a day as they may think fit, withdraw the privileges extended to members and suspend the Rules and Bye-Laws relating to the introduction of guests and visitors into the Gymkhana and may prescribe fresh rules for the introduction of guests, and visitors, and the admission to the Gymkhana premises of Members and the wives of members to witness a special engagement and the charges to be paid therefor.
16-D: NOISE OR OTHER NUISANCE: Members or their Guests shall not create any noise or play any musical instrument, electronic, transister or otherwise and/or behave or conduct himself in any manner on the Gymkhana premises which may be improper, indecent or objectionable or which may cause any nuisance or annoyance to other members of the Gymkhana or their guests or to the Management.
16-E: INJURY: The Managing Committee shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, be responsible for any injury or hurt or damage or harm or wound or loss of any nature that a member or his guests or their children may sustain when on the Gymkhana premises and shall not be liable for any claim or damages in respect of such injury or hurt or pain or loss.
16-F: ALCHOLIC DRINKS: Members, their Guests or any persons are prohibited to use or consume spirituous or alcoholic liquors, beverages drinks or other hard drinks except in such arrears of departments of the Gymkhana premises as the Committee of Management may declare from time to time. Members cannot bring any liquor into the Gymkhana premises. All Members using the Gymkhana’s Permit Room must be in possession of a valid permit issued by the Office of the Superintendent of Prohibition and Excise, Government of Maharashtra.
In case any member or Guest any person is found consuming such prohibited drinks in areas not permitted by the Committee of Management, the Manager or any person authorized by the Committee of Management shall have power to remove such members/Guests/any person from the premises, areas of departments of the Gymkhana for that day.
16-G : RECIPROCAL ARRANGEMENTS: The Committee of Management is empowered to make such arrangements with any other Clubs/Gymkhanas having objects in whole or in part similar to the objects of this Gymkhana as they may consider desirable with a view to giving to the members of such Clubs/Gymkhanas the reciprocal privileges. The Committee of Management may make Bye-Laws or Rules for the purpose of carrying such reciprocal arrangements into effect from time to time.
16-H: DOGS & PETS : Members and Guests are strictly prohibited from bringing dogs, pets or other animals or birds inside the Gymkhana Building or grounds on any pretext whatsoever.
17. GUESTS : Persons who are not members of the Gymkhana will be allowed as Guests if they are properly introduced by a member in accordance with and subject to the Rules and Regulations and Bye Laws of the Gymkhana for the time being in force. A member introducing a guest or guests shall write his or their names in the register kept for the purpose with all the required particulars. Such a person or persons will be allowed as a Guest or Guests on payment of fees prescribed by the Managing Committee from time to time.
18. GAME FEES:
(a) "Any Member of Gymkhana can also take part in the game of any department for payment in advance of 20% of monthly fees of that department or Rs.20/- whichever is higher for each department of game fee per session".
(b) "Spouse of Member of P.J.Hindu Gymkhana can subscribe for game fee of any Department and that the minimum fee payable by them will be one and half (1.5) times of the prevailing game fee paid by member per month."
19. POWER OF SUSPENSION : The Committee of Management shall have powers to investigate and deal with as they deem proper all cases arising from misconduct or willful refusal or neglect to comply with any provision of the Rules and Bye-Laws of the Gymkhana by any member. The Committee of Management shall have powers to suspend any member from the Gymkhana for a period not exceeding 15 days if the committee after due enquiry comes to the conclusion, that such member is guilty of misconduct or an act of commission or omission which may be against the interest of the Gymkhana, that he has wilfully refused or neglected to comply with the Rules and Bye-Laws of the Gymkhana. Provided however, any member who may be found to be behaving in indecent manner, may be asked to leave the Gymkhana premises forthwith by the Manager or any of the Office Bearers of the Gymkhana.
During the period of suspension the suspended Member shall be liable to pay the Annual Subscription/game fees or any other dues, if any, but shall be debarred from entering the premises of the Gymkhana including lawns and from making use of any of the facilities of the Gymkhana and from exercising any of the rights of Membership of the Gymkhana and will not be allowed to be introduced as a Guest.
The Member charged shall be furnished with copies of such complaint, evidence or materials and sub-committee’s report, if any, and shall be afforded an adequate opportunity of dealing with the same.
No Member shall have the right to be represented by an Advocate or a representative.
20. POWER OF EXPULSION: If any Member shall wilfully and persistently refuse or neglect to comply with the provisions of the Rules and Bye-Laws of the Gymkhana, which the Management considers likely to endanger the harmony or affect the stability or interest of the Gymkhana such a member shall be liable to expulsion by a resolution of the General Body specially convened for the purpose provided however that the resolution is carried by a majority of two-thirds of the Votes of the Members present at the Meeting. A Member expelled under this rule shall have no right or claim of any nature whatsoever upon the Gymkhana and its property and funds and other assets.
21. COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT : The Management of the Gymkhana shall vest in a Committee of Management consisting of the following.
(i) A President
(ii) A Vice-President
(iii) Two Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries
(iv) Two Jt.Hon.Treasurers
(v) One Hon.Cricket Secretary
(vi) One Hon.Tennis Secretary
(vii) One Hon.Billiards Secretary
(viii) One Hon.Badminton Secretary
(ix) One Hon.Table Tennis Secretary
(x) One Hon.Secretary for Gymnastics & Field Training, Chess, Bridge and Carrom.
(xi) One Hon. Special Member from the Patrons and Life Member’s Constituency.
(xii) One Hon. Additional Member from General Constituency and
(xiii) Three Trustees (Ex-Officio Members)
21 (a) The elected members of the Committee of Management, shall be entitled to co-opt not more than 2 members of the Gymkhana, as the members of the Committee of Management by two-third majority of the Members of the Committee of Management, present and voting at any meeting of the Committee of Management.
The members so co-opted by the Committee of Management shall cease to be the members of the Committee of Management, on the date of the Annual General Meeting of the Gymkhana to be held after their co-option by the elected members of the Committee of Management, but shall be eligible for re-appointment as co-opted Members of the Committee of Management.
22. PRESIDENT’S VOTE : The President shall have one individual vote and shall have a casting vote in case of a tie.
23 TERMS OF OFFICE : The Committee of Management shall be elected Bi-Annually out of the members of the Gymkhana entitled to vote and shall continue in office during the period of two years from the first day of the month following the month of election or till such further time till a new Committee is elected. The year in which elections are held shall be announced at the next Annual General Meeting to be held after the election.
24. ELECTION: Notwithstanding anything contained in any of the Rules of the Gymkhana any member who is a member of the Managing Committee in whatsoever capacity in any constituency for three (3) consecutive terms (two years each) shall retire and shall not be eligible for re-election to any constituency whatsoever for a period of two years after such retirement. The members who retire under this clause should not be co-opted during the period of his rest or in-eligibility on Managing Committee or any Sub-Committee of the Gymkhana. If any elected member of the Committee of Management retires or resigns or has ceased to be a member of the committee for any reason whatsoever at any time before completion of his /her terms as a member of the management, such member shall be deemed to have completed the term for which such a member had been elected”.
(a) There shall be eight constituencies viz. (1) General (2) Cricket (3) Tennis (4) Billiards (5) Badminton (6) Table Tennis (7) Gymnastics & Field Training Chess, Bridge and Carrom (8) Special.
(b) The General Constituency shall comprise of General Body of Members and shall elect a President, a Vice-President, two Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries, two Jt.Hon.Treasurers and one Hon.Additional Member.
(c ) The Cricket constituency shall comprise of Cricket Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect on Hon.Cricket Secretary.
(d) The Tennis constituency shall comprise of Tennis Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon. Tennis Secretary.
(e) The Billiards constituency shall comprise of Billiards Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon. Billiards Secretary.
(f) The Badminton constituency shall comprise of Badminton Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon.Badminton Secretary.
(g) The Table Tennis constituency shall comprise of Table-Tennis Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon. Table-Tennis Secretary.
(h) The Field Training & Gymnastics constituency shall comprise of Field Training & Gymnastics Chess, Bridge & Carrom Members, Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon.Secretary for Field Training & Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge & Carrom.
(i) The Special constituency shall comprise of Patrons and Life members only, and shall elect one Hon.Special Member only. Patrons and Life Members shall be eligible to stand for the election from the Special Constituency.
(j) On or before 31st July or the election year the Jt.Hon.General Secretaries shall forward to each member for information only (1) the names of the member of the Committee of Management of the previous term (2) the number of Managing Committee Meetings called, held and the number of meetings each member attended, and shall also state that the nominations for the office of the President, Vice - President, two Jt. Hon. Gen. Secretaries, two Jt.Hon.Treasurers, one Hon.Cricket Secretary, one Hon.Tennis Secretary, one Hon.Billiards Secretary, one Hon.Badminton Secretary, one Hon.Table Tennis Secretary, one Hon.Secretary for Gymnastics & Field Training, Chess, Bridge & Carrom, one Hon,Member to the Special Constituency and one Hon.Additional Member to the General Constituency shall be received upto 8.00 p.m. (S.T.) on or before 20th August of the election year.
(k) On or before 31st August of the election year, the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secetaries, shall forward the names of the persons nominated under clause (k) with the names of the proposers and seconders to the electors concerned and notify that the ballot box shall be open for the above election on the 2nd Saturday and Sunday of the month of September of the Election Year. Provided however, if on account of any festival on 2nd Saturday and / or Sunday of the month of Election, the Managing Committee shall be entitled to revise the dates of Election and also to make consequent changes in the Election Schedule, at least one month in advance.
(l) No person below the age of 18 years shall be permitted to stand for being elected on the Managing Committee.
(m) Nomination form for election will be charged Rs.200/- per form.
(n) No members shall be allowed to contest for more than one Constituency or post hereafter.
N.B. (i) An accidental omission to forward a list of voters nominations papers or omission to print the name of any member or members or any other accidental mistakes, omissions or misprint shall not in any way invalidate the election nor shall any member be entitled to take any objection to the election by reason of any such accidental mistakes or omissions or misprint stated above.
(ii) No nomination paper shall be valid unless it is duly proposed and seconded and accepted by the nominee, provided the nominee, the proposer and seconder are not in arrears of subscription for two months (August and September) or more at the time of filing the nominations.
(iii) No nomination shall be valid, if a proposer or a seconder proposes or seconds for any office more than the number of persons to be elected for that office.
(iv) All nomination papers shall be scrutinized by the election committee on the day following the last day of receiving the nomination papers i.e. 21st August, and in the event of nomination being rejected by the election committee, they shall inform the candidate of their decision in writing.
(v) Any candidate may withdraw his candidature by writing to the election committee within two days of the scrutiny of the nomination paper i.e. on or before 23rd August.
(vi) A register of Voters shall be kept for the respective constituencies and voting paper with names of all the candidates for the respective constituencies shall be given to such voter only on his signing in the Register kept for the purpose.
(vii) No member except the Election Committee Members will be allowed to go into the polling room except to cast his vote.
(viii) Voting shall be by ballot.
(ix) The ballot paper shall be issued to voters who shall cast their vote by placing a cross opposite the name of the candidate whom they wish to elect.
(x) Ballot Box shall remain locker and shall be sealed by the Election Committee after the time limit is over.
(xi) The Ballot Box shall be open on the date of the election from 4.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on Saturday and from 8.00 a.m. to 12 Noon and from 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on Sunday.
(xii) Voting papers shall be scrutinized by the Election Committee.
(xiii) After the scrutiny is over, all ballot papers shall be kept in an envelope which shall be sealed and signed by the Election Committee, and will be destroyed after the Annual General Meeting.
(xiv) Results of the Election shall be announced by the President or in his absence by the Vice-President on the Notice Board following the day after the scrutiny is over.
(xv) The Managing Committee shall appoint an Election Committee out of the Gymkhana members consisting of Chairman and four other members. The members of the Election Committee shall deal with all matters pertaining to the election. Members of the Election Committee shall not be candidates for any office. The decision shall be final and binding on all. Any dispute in connection with the election shall be referred to the election committee in writing within two days of the announcement of the results and its decision shall be final and binding on all.
(xvi) In the event of nomination not being received by the Election Committee within the specific time for the different constituencies, or in the event of no votes registered in any constituency or constituencies, the same shall be considered as Bye-vacancy or Bye-vacancies.
(xvii) In the event of the number of votes for any two or more members of the General Election either as Office Bearers of the Gymkhana or as members of the Committee of Management, being equal the decision shall rest with the Chairman of the General Meeting at which the result of the election have to be announced, and he will also decide all points raised in the Election Committee’s report and his decision shall be final and binding.
(x viii) In the case of Bye-vacancies, they shall be filled by the Committee of Management. 25. VOTING : All Members above the age of 18 years with the exception of Honorary, Casual, Temporary, Spouse, Concessional and Service Members shall have the right to vote at all the General Meetings and at Election.
N.B. (i) No Member shall be entitled to vote at any election unless he has been a continuous member in that constituency and capacity from the month of February of the year and continues to do so till the last day of submitting the voting papers of the department. In no case voting by proxy shall be allowed.
(ii) Life Members enlisted on and after 1st April 1965 shall not be eligible to vote or stand for respective constituency, unless they have been members in that capacity as stated in Sub-Clause (i) above.
(iii) A Member who has been in arrears of subscription for two months (August & September) or more at the date of election shall not be allowed to vote at the election.
(iv) A Member who has been in arrears of subscription for two month (August & September) or more at the time filing his nomination paper shall not be allowed to stand as a nominee or to propose or second any nominee for election to any office of the Committee of Management.
(a) The President, the Vice-President, two Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries, two Jt.Hon.Treasurers, One Additional Member and One Hon.Special Member shall form the General Sub-Committee.
(b) The Hon.Cricket Secretary shall form the Cricket Sub-Committee.
(c) The Hon.Tennis Secretary shall form the Tennis Sub-Committee.
(d) The Hon.Billiards Secretary shall form the Billiards Sub-committee.
(e) The Hon.Badminton Secretary shall form the Badminton Sub-Committee.
(f) The Hon.Table-Tennis Secretary shall form the Table-Tennis Sub-Committee.
(g) The Hon.Secretary for Field Training & Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge and Carrom shall form the Field Training & Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge, Carrom Sub-Committee.
N.B. : A Member shall cease to be a Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table- Tennis, Field Training and Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge & Carrom Sub-Committee member as soon as he ceases to be member of the respective department. The Hon.Secretaries of respective games department shall be the convener and one of the members of such Committee unanimously named shall preside over the meeting of such Sub-Committee. Provided however, in the event of any controversy raised by any member of a Sub-Committee the meeting in which such controversy is raised stand adjourned to some other date to be fixed in consultation with Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries of the Gymkhana and the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries shall be invited to attend and preside over such adjourned meeting. In the Meeting presided over by one of the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries, the presiding Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretary shall have a casting vote in case of tie in addition to the vote to which he will be entitled as the member.
27. SERVICE OF COMMUNICATION TO MEMBERS BY GYMKHANA:
(i) Any communication including a notice other than notices of Annual and Special General Meeting shall be served by the Gymkhana on any members thereof either personally or by sending it by post to him to his registered address or if he has no registered address in India to the address if any within India supplied by him to the Gymkhana for giving of communications to him.
(ii) WHERE A COMMUNICATION IS SENT BY POST:
(a) Service thereof shall be deemed to be effected by properly addressing and posting the said communication.
(b) Such services shall be deemed to have been effected.
(c) (i) In case of a notice of any meeting at the expiration of 48 hours after the notice is posted and (ii) In any other case at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course by post.
28. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the month of September every year. The Ordinary business of an Annual General Meeting shall be : (1) To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting and of any Special General Meeting held during the year or previous year.
(2) To receive and adopt the Annual Reports and Audited Statement of Accounts as presented by the Managing Committee.
The Annual Report shall contain a Statement showing the names of the Members of the Managing Committee of the previous year, the total number of meetings held during the year and the number of meetings attended by each Member.
To appoint an Auditor or Auditors and to fix their remuneration.
(3) To consider any proposition recommended by the Managing Committee.
(4) To consider any motion, notice whereof is given in writing to the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries by a member under Rule No.28 (a).
(5) To transact such other business as the Chairman may allow.
(a) NOTICE OF RESOLUTION : Notice of any motion to be brought before the Annual General Meeting by a member shall be sent in writing to the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries ten days before the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting. Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries shall give due intimation to members by notifying the same on the Notice Board three days before the day of the Annual General Meeting.
(b) However were a notice of motion pertaining to the alteration or amendment or addition to the Rules and Regulation sent by a member in writing to the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries and if received on or before 15th July, the same shall be included in the Agenda of the Annual General Meeting.
29. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING : A Special General Meeting may be held on the recommendation of the Committee of Management or on requisition signed by at least 250 members of the Gymkhana. Notice calling such meeting shall be posted on the notice board and shall be published in any one English and any Vernacular Newspapers as far as possible seven days before the date of such Special Meeting.
The Agenda of such meeting shall only be posted on the Notice Board and shall not be published in the Newspapers. Fifty Members shall for a quorum at General Meeting.
But the continuance of this quorum throughout the Meeting shall not be necessary to validate its proceedings, unless the person in the Chair at the said meeting on a point of order being raised, rules to the contrary. Such ruling shall be final and conclusive.
30. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING IN PURSUANCE REQUISITION: On receipt of the requisition pursuant to Rule No.29 the Managing Committee shall convene a Special General Meeting within a month from the date of the receipt of the Requisition after giving notice of calling such meeting failing which the requisitionists shall have the power to convene the Special General Meeting by giving seven days notice to the members. At such Special General Meeting no member shall discuss any other subject other than on the Agenda.
31. QUORUM AT GENERAL MEETING : Fifty members shall form a quorum. If within half an hour from the time appointed for the meeting the said quorum of the members is not present, the meeting if convened upon requisition of the members, shall be dissolved. In any other case, it shall stand adjourned to the same day and time of the following week unless decided in any other manner by the General Meeting. If the same day in the following week happens to be a Holiday, then the meeting shall be held on the next working day at the same time. No quorum is necessary at an adjourned meeting.
Notice for all adjourned General Meetings shall be given to the Members by a Notice put up on the Gymkhana Notice Board only. If the General Meeting is adjourned for more than a month, Notice for such adjourned meeting shall be published in any one English and any one vernacular Newspapers as far as possible seven (7) days before such adjourned Meeting.
32. No question once disposed off at the General Meeting shall be re-opened except at the next Annual General Meeting.
33. MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT : The Committee of Management shall meet atleast once a month. Special Meeting may be convened if necessary by the President or the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries or on a requisition from any five of its members. Due notice of such meeting shall be sent to each member. Six members present shall form a quorum.
34. WORK DONE BY CIRCULAR : In an emergency a resolution in writing circulated by the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries and agreed to by all the members of the Committee present in Mumbai shall be as valid and effective as if it had been taken at a meeting of the Managing Committee. Such a circular resolution shall be brought before the next meeting of the Committee and ratified.
35. LEAVE OF ABSENCE: If a Member of the Committee of Management absents from its sitting for four consecutive monthly meetings, except for reason to be approved of by the Managing Committee he shall cease to be a member of the Managing Committee and the Managing Committee shall appoint another member in his place.
35-A: VACANCIES: In the event of any vacancy in the Managing Committee for any reason whatsoever amongst its Office Bearers, the Department Secretaries or Committee Members during the year or before the next Election the Managing Committee must nominate such Members as they think fit to fill-up such vacancies for the remaining term of the Committee.
36. APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COMMITTEE : The Committee of Management shall also be empowered to appoint Committee for any specific purpose other than the Cricket Selection and Sub-Committees under Rule No.26 and the office bearers shall b ex-officio members of such Committee and the Jt. Hon. Gen. Secretaries shall be ex-officio Secretaries for such Committees.
36-A (1) The Gymkhana shall cause minutes of all proceedings of General Meetings and of all proceedings of meetings of its Managing Committee or of every committee or Sub-Committee to be kept by making within thirty days of the conclusion of every such meetings concerned entries thereof in the Books kept for the purpose with their pages consecutively numbered.
(2) Each page of every such book shall be initialed or signed and the last page of records of proceedings of each Meeting in such book be dated and signed.
a) In the case of minutes of proceedings of meeting of the Managing Committee or of a Sub-Committee by the Chairman of the said Meeting or Chairman of the next succeeding Meeting.
b) In the case of Minutes of proceedings of General Meetings by the Chairman of the said meeting within the aforesaid period of 30 days or in the event of the death or inability of such Chairman within the period by a member of the Managing Committee duly authorized by the Managing Committee for the purpose.
(3) In no case the minutes of proceedings of a meeting shall be attached to any such book as aforesaid by passing or otherwise.
(4) The Minutes of each meeting shall contain a fair and correct summary of the proceedings thereat.
(5) All appointments of officers made at any of the meetings aforesaid shall be included in the minutes of the Meetings.
(6) In the case of meetings of the members of the Managing Committee or a Sub-Committee, the minutes shall contain :-
(a) The name of all the members present at the meeting: and
(b) In the case of each resolution passed at the meeting, the names of all the members, if any dissenting from or not concurring in the resolution.
(7) Nothing contained in clause (1) to (4) hereof shall be deemed to require the inclusion in the minutes of such meetings of any matter which in the opinion of the Chairman of the Meeting.
(a) Is or could reasonably be regarded as defamatory of any person.
(b) Is irrelevant or immaterial to the proceedings.
(c) Is detrimental to the interests of the Gymkhana.
The Chairman shall exercise absolute discretion in regard to the inclusion or non-inclusion of any matter in the minutes on the grounds specified in this rule.
37. RULES & BYE-LAWS : The Cricket, Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Table-Tennis, Field Training & Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge & Carrom Sub-Committee shall subject to the sanction of the Committee of Management frame Rules and Bye-Laws in connection with their respective games and shall manage the games.
38. BYE-LAWS : Bye-laws may be framed or altered by the Committee of Management from time to time as required. Such Bye-Laws shall be entered in a book and be always open to inspection by the members of the Gymkhana.
39. BUDGET : Within a month from the date of the General Meeting, the Committee of Management shall frame a Budget and put-up the same on the Notice Board for the information of the members. The Committee of Management may, for good reasons make changes in the Budget, such changes being always notified on the Notice Board.
39-A : The Accounting year of the Gymkhana shall be from the 1st day of April to 31st March of every year. Provided however, if for the purpose of the Income-Tax Act, 1961, or any statutory modification or substitution thereof should there be any change in the Uniform Accounting Year, such changed Accounting year shall be deemed to be Accounting Year of the Gymkhana and consequent upon such change the Committee of Management shall be empowered to make consequential changes in the dates for holding Annual General Meeting, Elections, Submission of Nominations, etc.
40. RECURRING EXPENSES : In addition to the Ordinary and Recurring Expenses, the Cricket Sub-Committee, the Tennis Sub-Committee, the Billiards Sub-Committee, the Badminton Sub-Committee, the Table-Tennis Sub-Committee, the Field Training & Gymnastics, Chess, Bridge & Carrom Sub-Committee incur an expenditure not exceeding Rs.200/- and the Jt.Hon.Gen.Secretaries not exceeding Rs.500/- per month, in anticipation of the sanction of Management.
41. DONATIONS : All amounts received as donation from Patrons, Life Members, other members and admissions fees shall not be used for the current expenses of the Gymkhana and shall be credited to the capital account.
41-A: DONATION TO SPORTSMEN : The Managing Committee is empowered to give to Sportsmen who have rendered yeomen service to the Gymkhana an amount not exceeding Rs.5,000/- to a single Sportsman and the total amount not exceeding Rs.10,000/- in a year.
42. AUDITORS: The General Meeting shall appoint one or more Auditors at the time of the Annual General Meeting.
43 TRUSTEES :
(a) There shall be always minimum 3 and maximum 5 Trustees.
(b) All the properties an assets of the Gymkhana shall be acquired and be vested in the Trustees of the Gymkhana for the time being. The Trustees shall be entitled to acquire hold properties and assets of any kind or description whether movable or immovable by purchase, lease, gift, exchange, sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as they may think fit and to enter into and sign and execute any document, writing agreement, contract or deed for the aforesaid purpose, and to do and/or execute and / or cause to be done and/or executed all such acts, and deeds and things as may be deemed necessary for the aforesaid purpose.
(c) Every trustee shall hold office during his life time or resign by giving one month’s notice to his co-trustees or cease to be a member of the Gymkhana or is declared as insolvent or lunatic or permanently resides out of India or is convicted or imprisoned for an offence involving moral turpitude or becomes mentally or physically incapable of acting.
(d) In case of any vacancy amongst the Trustees or an addition is to be made to the Member of Trustees, the same shall be filled in or appointment of additional Trustees will made by the surviving or continuing Trustees who shall appoint any member of the Gymkhana as a Trustee.
(e) The Trustee shall deal with the Trust funds in accordance with any resolution that may be passed in that behalf by the Committee of Management for the time being of the Gymkhana.
(f) The Trustees shall lodge the Trust Funds for Safe Custody with Bank and shall authorise the Bank with which the said securities may be deposited for safe custody as aforesaid to collect interest or securities constituting the Trust Funds from time to time and credit the interest so collected to the Current Account standing in the name of the Gymkhana.
(g) Any three of the Trustees shall have the power to operate upon the said Trust Funds.
(h) The Trustees shall from time to time regular their proceedings and determine the quorum and appoint a Chairman.
(i) The Trustees shall decide by a majority of those present and voting and the Chairman shall be entitled to a casting vote in case of equal division of votes.
(j) The Trustees shall be entitled to take a decision by a circular resolution circulated to all the Trustees at their residence in Bombay and assented to by a majority of them.
(k) The Trustees shall be entitled to reimburse themselves and pay and discharge out of the funds or any property subject to the Trusts and income thereof all expenses that may be incurred in or about the execution of the Trusts and powers.
(l) The Trustees shall be respectively chargeable only for such money or securities or other property as they shall respectively actually receive notwithstanding their respectively signing any receipt for the sake of conformity and shall be answerable and accountable only for their own acts receipts neglects and defaults and not for those of others nor any Banker or other persons with whom or into whose hands any trust moneys or funds or securities may deposit or come or for any insufficiency or deficiency or in of any security nor for any other loss unless the same shall happen through their own willful default respectively.
44. POWER TO INTRODUCE NEW GAMES AND TO LEVY FEES : The Committee of Management may introduce new games and frame Bye-Laws for outdoor and indoor games and may levy additional fees.
45. ALTERATION OF RULES : Save as otherwise provided herein above, alteration or amendment or addition to these rules can be made by a resolution at any Annual or at any Special General Meeting duly convened for the purpose if it be carried by a majority of the 2/3 of the votes of the members present and voting at the meeting.
46. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS : No alteration or amendments shall be permissible which affect the proprietary rights of the members enrolled prior to 1st April 1947. No alteration or amendment shall be permissible of the reduction of the fees under these rules.
47. INTERNAL AFFAIRS : The Rules hereby framed are for the benefits of the internal affairs and management of the unincorporated voluntary and autonomous association. No member shall therefore be entitled to file a suit against the Gymkhana or the Managing Committee or any members thereof for the alleged breach of any of the Rules which relates to the internal affairs and Management of the Gymkhana.
47-A: The Trustees, members of the Managing Committee, Secretaries and Office Bearers for the time being of the Gymkhana acting in relation to any of the affairs of the Gymkhana and every one of them and every one of their heir, executors and administrators shall be indemnified and secured harmless out of the assets and receipts of the Gymkhana from and against all actions, costs, charges, losses, damages, and expenses which they or any of them, their or any of their heirs, Executors, or Administrators shall or may incur or sustain by or by reason of any act done concurred in or omitted in or about the execution of their duty or supposed duty in their respective office or Trust, except such (if any) as they shall incur or sustain through or by their own willful neglect or default and none of them shall be answerable for the Acts, receipts neglects or defaults of the other or others of them, or for joining in any receipt for the sake of conformity or for any bankers or other persons, with whom any money or effects belonging to the Gymkhana shall or may be lodged or deposited for safe custody, or for the inefficiency or deficiency of any security upon which any moneys of or belonging to the Gymkhana shall be placed out or invested or for any other loss, misfortune or damage which may happen in execution of their respective offices or trusts or in relations there to except when the same happen by through their own willful neglect or default respectively.
(a) The Gymkhana shall not be dissolved unless its dissolution is decided upon by a resolution passed at a Special General Meeting of the Gymkhana especially convened for the purpose and if at such meeting three forths of the members entitled to vote cast their vote for such dissolution. The quorum for Special General Meeting shall be 300.
(b) If upon winding-up or / dissolution of the Gymkhana there shall remain after satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities and property whatsoever the same shall not be paid or distributed amongst the members of the Gymkhana, but shall be given or transferred to some other Institution or Institutions having its objects similar to be determined by the members of the Gymkhana at or before the time of dissolution.